Items Accepted at the Sale
The Lil'Lambs Consignment Sale accepts children's clothing, shoes, bedding, furniture, nursery supplies, equipment such as strollers, cribs, walkers, car seats, etc., and just about everything related to children.
Many of you are aware of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA), which takes effect February 10, 2009. The CPSIA requires that manufacturers and sellers of children's products comply with variety of regulations related to the safety of those products. Due to these new laws, effective immediately, Lil' Lambs Closet will no longer accept these items:
- Children's jewelry
- Stuffed animals (including Beanie Babies and Webkinz)
- Dolls with buttons, eyes, noses, or other small parts that are not securely fastened
- Toys that are easily broken into small parts (flimsily made, might break easily). This does not include Legos or items that parents can judge if they are age appropriate for small children.
If you are selling a car seat, crib or pack-n-play/play yard, please see the forms below. Print the appropriate forms, fill them out completely and attach them securely to the item. Based on the information you provide on the forms, we will check to make sure the item(s) have not been recalled.
Very Important -- we cannot accept car seats or cribs without all of the required information. If you have trouble locating the information on a pack-n-play/play yard, fill in as much as possible and bring the item to your drop-off appointment.
Cribs: Beginning June 28, 2011, all cribs manufactured and sold (including resale) must comply with new federal safety standards. The details are available at
www.cpsc.gov/businfo/frnotices/fr11/cribfinal.pdf. It is not likely that cribs in use before the Commission issued its crib rule in December 2010 comply with the new standards. If you want to sell a crib ask the manufacturer or retailer whether the crib complies with
16 CFR 1219 (the new standard for full-size cribs) or
16 CFR 1220 (the new standard for non-full-size cribs). You must provide a copy of the
certificate of compliance that should indicate that the crib is certified.
To check if your items have been recalled, click on following websites - it might save you from bringing an item to drop off and then having to take it right back home again!
- Car seats: Click here!
- Cribs, Pack-n-Plays/Play Yards: Click here! Note: Under the heading "Simplify", carefully read the instructions under "Simplify" and enter manufacturer name in the box. Example: you have a Graco playpen, so enter graco and click on [Simplify Search] -- scroll down and click on the item you have.
We want to have the best quality items for our shoppers. Therefore, items must be in excellent condition with no damage such as tears, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers, or stains. Please be prepared, because items in this condition will returned to you at check in.
More details on acceptable/unacceptable items...
- We accept children's clothing up to a GIRLS size 16 and BOYS size 20
- We accept age-appropriate junior sizes for girls. Size chart can be found below
- Children's shoes only - no ADULT-STYLED shoes please. We will accept some adult sizes as long as they are age appropriate
- Halloween costumes accepted at Fall/Winter sale only, but we do accept dress-up clothes at all sales
- Only items applicable to the upcoming season will be accepted. Swimwear and sandals accepted at Spring/Summer sale only. Fleece, coats, corduroy and Holiday items accepted at the Fall/Winter sale only.
- We are NO LONGER accepting maternity clothing!
Clothing MUST be listed by numerical size (00, 0, 1, etc.) and not XS, S and so forth. The following chart can help you convert your sizes, using your own discretion on whether the item falls in the smaller or larger of the sizes in the range. We've also included a size chart for Girls 7-16 to help size clothing from abercrombie kids, etc.
Junior size chart
XS = 00, 0 or 1
S = 3 or 5
M = 7 or 9
L = 11 or 13
XL = 15 or 17
XXL = 19
Girls 7-16 Size Chart (abercrombie kids)
S = 7
M = 8 or 10
L = 12 or 14
XL = 16
Infant and Child Accessories
- Nursery/ feeding supplies, diaper bags, blankets, crib sheets
- Nursery needs: diaper pails, potty chairs, bath seats, guardrails, high chairs
- Hats/gloves, hair bows, sleepers, socks, belts/ties, etc.
Toys, Books, Videos
- Toys must be in working order with all pieces
- Please work puzzles prior to check in to make sure all pieces are there
- Monster toys and/or videos which could frighten young children will not be accepted
- It's smart to include batteries so the potential buyers know it works!
- Please make sure the video or DVD inside is the same as the cover outside
- Strollers, walkers, highchairs, exersaucers
- Cribs, toddler beds, bassinets, mattresses, changing tables
- Bicycles must have a kickstand or training wheels that are attached
- Attach any accompanying small parts in Ziploc bag securely
- Broken equipment or equipment with missing parts will not be accepted
- Car seats must be less than seven years old and/or not past the manufacturer's expiration date
- Car seats must never have been in an accident.